At Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
Each year before Rosh Hashanah you’ll receive a ticket in the post giving you full details of service times and children’s services.
We also plan a full range of ‘extra-curricular’ programmes tailored to each festival to enable the whole community to engage, learn and celebrate fully. On Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur this includes:
- ‘Service Support’ in the dual form of the public announcement of page numbers in shul, and the distribution of explanatory fliers on seats.
- Parallel Explanatory Services from guest rabbis for all the family.
- Shabbat Shuvah drasha from Rabbi Michael between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- ‘Ask the Rabbi’ Question and Answer session for congregants on Yom Kippur afternoon.
- ‘Radical Reading’ session (rigorous textual discussion) parallel to the shul service, on Yom Kippur afternoon.
- Refreshments at the end of Yom Kippur.