Certificate of Religious Practice – Jewish School Admissions
Recording Attendance at Synagogue for the purpose of completing a Certificate of Religious Practice (“CRP”)
- Any person who wishes to have their attendance recorded for the purposes of a CRP (“the Attendee”) must submit his/her, and his/her child’s, full name, address and date of birth to the synagogue administrator, as soon as possible, but not later than 10 am two days before the first Sabbath or Yom Tov on which he/she wishes his/her attendance to be recorded.
- The Shul administrator will create a Register of Attendance to be used for each Shabbat and Yom Tov service.
- A Registration Officer (RO) has been appointed who is responsible for the Register and will ensure that attendances are properly recorded.
- On Shabbat and Yom Tov the Attendee and his/her child must report in person to the RO on each occasion they attend synagogue, and may be asked to confirm their address and date of birth. Please ask at the Shul door for further details. The Register will be open between 10am and noon.
- For weekday attendance, please report to either the Rabbi or Honorary Officer who will make an appropriate record which will be retained for future reference.
- All records will be confidential, and will only be used to enable the authorised official to sign the CRP.
NOTE: A copy of this Procedure will be displayed in the synagogue and on our website, and is also available on request. It has been made public so that visitors to the synagogue can be clear at an early stage about what they will need to do in order to comply.